It’s been a while guys! Too long, actually! But I’m baaaack…with an easy, delicious soup recipe for you! =) After working 9 (long) days in a row, I woke up on my first day off with a scratchy throat….figures, right?? Obviously I had no choice but to make myself some soup ;). I love chicken noodle soup, but since I had some zucchini that I needed to use I opted for Chicken Zoodle Soup! You guys know how much I love zoodles (see here, here, and here), and I really love this soup. I’ve made it over and over again. If you like chicken noodle soup, you will love this soup. I promise. And if you have a scratchy throat, it might even make you feel better too! Enjoy!
Chicken Zoodle Soup
1/2 tbsp olive oil
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp thyme
1 boneless skinless chicken breast, uncooked
4 cups chicken stock (I use chicken better than boullion)
1 zucchini, spiralized (see note below)
1. In large stockpot or dutch oven over medium heat, add oil, carrots, celery, and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, a couple minutes.
2. Add garlic powder, thyme, and chicken stock. Add chicken breast. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Once chicken breast is cooked through, remove from pot and let cool slightly. Shred and add back to the stock mixture.
3. To serve, place zoodles in serving bowl and top with hot chicken mixture. Let sit a couple minutes to soften the zoodles. Top with parsley, if desired. Serves 2-3.
1. If you have leftovers, store the chicken mixture and the zoodles separately or the zoodles will get soggy/mushy.
2. I have a Paderno Spiralizer, which I love! But if you don’t have one, check out this link for other ways to make zoodles.