I’ve posted lots of zucchini bread and muffin recipes here on the blog, but I realized I had never posted my favorite zucchini bread recipe! Problem solved =). I love this zucchini bread, because it’s simple, easy, and delicious! It’s a very classic recipe. It has just enough cinnamon and nutmeg and the vegetable oil keeps it very moist – but not overly moist or greasy like some recipes I’ve tried. You can make one large loaf, 2 smaller loaves (my preference), mini loaves, or even muffins. It’s always a hit with family and coworkers. Give it a try and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
My Favorite Zucchini Bread
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
3 large eggs, room temperature
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2-1/2 cups grated zucchini
1. Heat the oven to 350°F. Spray (1 or 2) 9×5 loaf pan(s) with nonstick spray. You can make one large loaf or two smaller loaves.
2. Place the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to aerate and break up any lumps. Set aside.
3. Place the eggs, sugars, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk until the eggs are broken up and the mixture is thoroughly combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in the zucchini until evenly mixed.
4. Pour the batter into the greased pan (or pans) and spread it into an even layer. Bake until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes for one large loaf or 40-45 minutes for two smaller loaves.
5. Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool slightly, about 15 minutes. Run a knife around the perimeter of the pan and turn the bread out onto the rack to cool completely.