Last weekend, I was all about the pumpkin – specifically pumpkin, cream cheese, and maple. It’s a winning combination for sure! I’ve already shared my Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting. Next up, I made this Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Glaze. I love bundt cakes. Even better if you only need ONE bowl and they taste as good as this one! It’s moist, tender, and full of pumpkin spice flavor. The maple cream cheese frosting is perfect with the spicy cake and the pecans add a nice crunch. It’s dessert, but not overly sweet. I mean, no judgement here if you eat a piece for breakfast ;). Enjoy!
Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Glaze
for the cake:
2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1-2/3 cups granulated sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp all spice
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 can (15 oz) solid-pack pumpkin
1 cup canola oil
for the glaze:
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1-1/2 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup
~1/4 cup chopped, toasted pecans (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Grease and flour the bundt pan (or spray generously with nonstick spray).
2. In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, and the spices. Whisk well and set aside.
3. In another mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, and oil. Whisk well until smooth. Add to flour mixture and whisk (by hand, or with mixer) until smooth.
4. Transfer batter to the prepared bundt pan. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. For the glaze, beat cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, Slowly add the powdered sugar until smooth. Adjust the amount of maple syrup for your preferred consistency. (I used about 1-1/2 tablespoons.) Top with pecans, if desired.
*adapted from Beyond Kimchee