I bought a bag of Dove Dark Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Pieces months ago with intentions of making some killer raspberry brownies, but somehow I never got around to making them. Now that the Christmas season is upon us, I’ve been in cookie baking mode :). Cookies = best thing about Christmas baking! So naturally, I decided to incorporate the raspberry chocolates into cookies and they were awesome. If you’re looking for a great cookie exchange recipe, then look no further. Chocolate heaven. Amen. Enjoy!
Triple Chocolate Raspberry Cookies
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/4 cup special dark cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp espresso powder
5 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup chopped Dove Dark Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Pieces
1. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a medium heatproof bowl set over pan of almost-simmering water, melt chocolate, stirring once or twice, until smooth; remove from heat. In a small bowl, beat eggs and vanilla lightly with fork, sprinkle espresso powder over to dissolve, and set aside.
2. In bowl of standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter at medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 5 seconds. Beat in sugars until combined, about 45 seconds; mixture will look granular. Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in egg mixture until incorporated, about 45 seconds. Add chocolate in steady stream and beat until combined, about 40 seconds. Scrape bottom and sides of bowl with rubber spatula. With mixer at low speed, add flour mixture and mix until combined, about 40 seconds. Do not overbeat. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until consistency is scoopable and fudgelike, about 30 minutes.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a #20 scoop, drop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets spacing 1 1/2-inches between each.
4. Bake cookies until edges have just begun to set but centers are still very soft, about 10 minutes, turning cookie sheets from front to back and switching from top to bottom racks halfway through baking.
5. Cool cookies on sheets about 10 minutes, slide parchment with cookies onto wire rack and cool to room temperature; remove with wide metal spatula
*adapted from The New Best Recipe