You know those delicious nuts that smell like cinnamon-y goodness that you buy at the mall or convention center events? This is a copy-cat version of those. I’m a sucker for all things cinnamon and with the holidays coming up, everyone will be looking for homemade gift ideas. A batch of these nuts would be the perfect gift. I know you are thinking that this would be an expensive gift since nuts are kind of pricy, but I bought 3 pounds of almonds at Sam’s for $9 – and 3 pounds is a lot of nuts! I’m thinking about a pound would be a nice gift and at around $3 per pound definitely won’t break the bank. You could package them up in a mason jar or even just a clear cellophane bag. I took these to a party and everyone loved them. Enjoy!
Sugar Coated Almonds
1 egg white
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup white sugar
1 pound salted almonds*
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Combine egg white and vanilla in large bowl and beat with electric mixer until frothy. Mix in cinnamon until combined.
3. Add almonds to egg white mixture, stirring to coat the nuts evenly. Sprinkle sugar over nut and egg white mixture and toss to coat. Spread nuts onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until nuts are crunchy and dry. Stir every 15 minutes.
*adapted from allrecipes.com
1. If you don’t use salted almonds add 1/2-3/4 tsp salt.
2. You can use any nuts or a mixture of different kinds. Just aim for about a pound total.