What do you fix for dessert when you are feeling lazy?…brownies! Or at least that’s what I made–jazzed up ghirardelli brownie mix. I mixed the brownies according to package directions, stirred in some chopped oreos, and after they had cooled I topped them with some leftover cream cheese frosting I had in the fridge. I almost always keep a brownie mix on hand for a quick chocolate fix and ghirardelli happens to be my favorite because they are chewy and have a really good chocolate flavor, which is exactly how I like my brownies. But you could use any brand you like or if you are feeling super Betty Crocker, just go ahead and use your favorite from-scratch brownie recipe. It really doesn’t get any easier than this. Enjoy!
Did anyone make any New Year’s resolutions? I made a few, but nothing crazy like giving up sweets or anything so don’t worry ;)!
1. Read my bible daily, even if it’s just one verse.
2. Run harder. Not really more miles, just try not to slack quite as much.
3. Upper body and/or core workout twice a week, in addition to my running.
4. Be quick to forgive.
That’s mine…what were yours?
Cookies and Cream Brownies
1 pkg Ghirardelli double chocolate brownie mix (20 oz)
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup Hershey’s special dark chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped oreo cookies
1/3-1/2 cup cream cheese frosting
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 9×9 square pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine brownie mix, egg, water, and oil in medium bowl. Mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and oreos.
3. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool until just slightly warm.
4. Put frosting in small ziploc bag. Clip corner and drizzle over brownies.